网站首页
联系我们
论坛帮助
   登陆 注册 搜索 自选风格 论坛状态 论坛展区 我能做什么

>> 人们使用过的和未使用过的各种武器
战争研究论坛讨论区[军事装备] → 二战中的炮兵

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题 您是本帖的第 10600 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
 * 贴子主题: 二战中的炮兵 保存该页为文件  报告本帖给版主  显示可打印的版本  把本贴打包邮递  把本贴加入论坛收藏夹  发送本页面给朋友  把本贴加入IE收藏夹 
 Bimmer 男,离线

等级:二等兵
  文章:8
  金钱:141
  注册:2012-5-25
给Bimmer发送一个短消息 把Bimmer加入好友 查看Bimmer的个人资料 搜索Bimmer在[军事装备]的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给Bimmer 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子楼主
二战中的炮兵
兄弟一直对二战中各国炮兵的技术战术对比有兴趣, 无疑中发现了一个英文帖子,供老大们拍砖。 英文原文见下,中文是我简单翻译的。声明一下,我自己大概是哈美派。

他的全文集中在Impromptu Fires (即兴火力)上。 在火力计划之内的大概就和一战没大的区别,也就没意思了。

德国

德国高度依赖受了特殊训练的FO前进观察员。FO和被支援的部队一起行动,用有线的方式和炮兵营通信。炮兵在进入阵地好要进行精确测量,定位。同时,FO/测量部队/侦查部队,要测定明显地标的位置。这些地标要随后在炮兵营的地图上标明。

射击时,FO要测定目标和已知地标的相对位置,回传给炮兵营,大量人工计算后试射,FO校正后,效力射击。

大致说,每次校正要3到5分钟。运气坏的话,FO可能根本就没看到首发,也无法校正。。。但一旦校正完成,精度很好。

英国:

地图分格。。。FO提供目标坐标后, 炮兵根据两个地图坐标,简单计算就开火覆盖。。。英国人这时候连高差都不计算。

英国大概能做到3分钟首群落地。。。但精度比德国差的很远。

美国:

同样是地图分割。。。。但有几个大的革命。
TAPE:美国有非常简单,非常详细的“射击表”。。。好像练风向,风速,温度,都考虑了。。使用起来非常快。

地图的精度更高。同时因为计算过程已经表格化,美国的地图供应也没问题,所有的军官都可以直接呼叫炮火。紧急情况下,直接在无线电上教士兵都行。

加上TOT,和VT。。。。美国的反应时间短,精度高,杀伤力大。

苏联:

作者没资料,但一般认为,苏联炮兵的“即兴”火力支援的能力几乎是零

终于理解TOT的重要性了。。。。英国的统计,首发落地3秒钟之后,由于敌人会迅速隐蔽,炮兵杀伤力会大大下降。。。有战壕的情况下,只有1/500了。 

VT的重要性就不说了。 

苏联是(1)没钱,光地图分发就是很大的后勤压力,(2)没人,德国的方式非常依赖手工计算,(3)通信能力也差,所以只能用极其简单的大面积设计,或依赖直瞄火力。。。。德国是资源有限,一定要高精度。。。美国真是什么都有啊

Artillery Practices by the Major Combatants of WWII
In the European theater, artillery practice is one of the most fundamental doctrinal distinctions among each of the major combatants of WWII. Even if no other national-related distinction is made, any good tactical game must account for the different ways each of the major belligerents used their artillery (IMHO). Let me try to briefly (for once? :-) describe the differences in which the major combatants performed fire missions with their artillery (as opposed to how they organized and deployed it).

Most everything I have to say here is derived directly from a lecture I heard at the Origins gaming convention in San Jose two years ago. Unfortunately, I cannot find my notes or the hand-outs from the lecture (my crazed filing system, I'm afraid), and I especially regret that I cannot properly accredit the gentleman who gave the talk. He was extremely knowledgeable and incredibly entertaining and what I learned at the talk I have not seen ANYWHERE else. Drives me crazy because I've been looking for corroboration since, and I cannot believe data so fundamentally important to understanding the dynamics of WWII combat is not readily available. Maybe somebody could point me to a good source that will verify (or refute?) what I say below. (BTW, I do not believe Bruce Gudmundsson's "On Artillery" covers the following in any meaningful detail; it was a major disappointment to me to find such detail missing. To be fair, as I remember it, Gudmundsson cites another source that he claims does have much detail not covered by he himself.)

Impromptu Fires

What I will cover below relates to unplanned "impromptu" fires, as opposed to the pre-planned and plotted fires delivered prior to an expected offensive. The pre-planned fires tend to be a special case of impromptu fires. Note also that the descriptions below largely tend to apply to relatively long distance howitzer fire. Mortars for instance, tended to use other techniques, such as walking shots into the target. Also, note that all nations had several techniques, and that each of the nations could and did make use of techniques used by the other combatants (except that nobody but the U.S. used the U.S.'s system).

German Artillery Practices

Germany had what most game designers (certainly among micro-armor aficionados, anyway) regard as the "typical" system. There are specially trained Forward Observers (FOs) associated with each artillery battalion. The FOs are detailed to be with and travel with advanced elements which are being supported by the particular artillery battalion. For communications back to their artillery, the FOs had either a radio, or in the German case, more often a wire line strung out behind them going ultimately back to the battery. Yes indeed, I did say "wire". Apparently German artillery was a distant third behind the Luftwaffe and panzers for radio-communications equipment, and they had a wire-based system which they knew how to make work.

The positon of the firing battery had to be surveyed to precisely locate it on a map. By survey, I mean the time-consuming whole nine yards of using transits (surveyor's telescope) and the like along with the hand calculations to get the battery's precise position on the map. Thereafter, the FOs, survey teams, recon units or whatever, would further survey major terrain features (whenever possible), and further add new "known" positions to the map back at the artillery HQ. These locations became "firing points".

To call for fire, an FO had to scurry off to one of the firing points, and take an angle and range estimate to the potential target from the known firing point. Because of the need to do spotting from known points, and the technical training required to be part of this fairly complex system, only specially trained FOs were ever likely to call for impromptu fire support (I believe). The data was called in to the firing battery over the wire. Human computers back at the battery then did the trigonometric calculations (by hand or maybe with limited slide rule assistance) to calculate where on the map the apparent target was relative to the firing point, and from that then calculate the apparent angle and range to the target from the firing battery. Part of the calculation was to factor in the meteorological data (apparently even a slight cross-wind can hopelessly throw off the accuracy of a shell fired through miles of the troposphere and stratosphere. Other variable also had to be factored in (gun wear, temperature, gun caliber, munitions type, etc. Now the battery was ready to fire one spotting round. Time from initial call-in to first spotting round: Approximately 15 minutes. Then if the spotting round's explosion was visible to the FO, the FO could correct (i.e., "left 200, down 400 yds") and another spotting round fired and so on until one fell "close enough". At this point the FO could do the call for "fire for effect" and the entire battery and/or batteries could open up.

One major problem of the above system was that apparently even trained observers tend to have something like 20% errors when estimating ranges from the observer's position to a target. Along with all the other potentially unrecoverable errors (variable winds, uneven terrain, etc.), this could lead to some pretty wild initial spotting rounds and therefore to even more delay in delivering effective fire.

The calculations for subsequent spotting rounds could usually be made much more quickly than for the initial round because it was likely the corrections would be relatively small. Therefore simple linear interpolations could be used to fudge to an adequate firing solution. Given that typical time of flight is something like 30 seconds, and needing several additional minutes for the necessary communications, calculations, and gun laying, I'd guess maybe 3-5 minutes is required for each extra spotting round.

However, when the artillery came down, it landed pretty much where Jerry wanted. In other words, the concept of "drift" should have been largely irrelevant to an impromptu German barrage. On the other hand, however accurate the barrage may have been, given the above process, you have to figure a savvy target might have some idea what was coming.

The only really good thing you can say about the above system is that it was much better than what had previously existed. In World War I practice, it was virtually impossible to do impromptu fires unless the firing battery could directly see the target. So in comparisson to WWI practice (and to Russians), the German system seemed quite good, and even had some advantages over the British system. (Like accuracy; but I get ahead of myself.)

Of course, a battery could always engage in map fire (also known as blind fire) where essentially no reliance is placed upon initial spotting rounds. This apparently tends to result in fairly inaccurate results and tends therefore to be limited to harassing fires. It's probably reasonable to allow for some sort of "drift" factor in the context of a game when engaging in such fire.

There are several optimizations to the above process to speed the delivery of effective fire. First, any previously targeted location could have fires very quickly brought against it because all previous firing data was logged and could be easily re-used (you'd better believe they saved that data, given what a bother it was to calculate). Also, fire could be fairly quickly and accurately delivered against targets located near a known firing point (read that as: "near a previous target") because the necessary calculations were relatively easy to perform to correct for small target location changes. Consequently, if most of the places the Germans needed to shoot at could be ascertained ahead of time, there is little reason to see why individual German batteries could not fire as effectively as U.S. artillery (see below).

In a prepared defense (or in a prepared attack) the battery could in theory have any number of pre-plotted firing points so that effective fire could be quickly delivered as needed. This technique is also known as "registered" fire (the pre-plotted locations being considered "registered"). Even in a hasty defense, defending units probably tended to have at least a few firing points to cover the more obvious lines of attack and could call in fire request via wired phone (a much more reliable communications method than the radios of the day).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Separate thread question: Does anyone have any idea how long it might typically take to set up a hasty defense, as opposed to a prepared defense (say for an infantry battalion)? And what were typical setup times for artillery batteries and battalions?

Another question: What were the typical types of fire missions a battery could engage in, and how many rounds were typically fired for a given type of mission (or alternatively, what sort of guidelines might an artillery commander use to decide how many rounds to fire)?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

British Artillery Practices

The British had a very different system. They gave their people (artillery and FOs) good maps with grids marked on them. The artillery would plot its own grid coordinates when it set up. To request a fire mission, the FOs would call in the grid coordinates of the target to the artillery. Then to calculate firing distance and angle, the artillery simply assumed that the earth is a perfectly flat, infinite plane (take it from me, it ain't) and did the standard (7th grade?) calculation:

distance = SQRT( (x1 - x0) ^ 2 + (y1 - y0) ^ 2)

and similarly for the angle calculations (SOHCAHTOA if I remember the mnemonic for the Law of Cosines from high school trigonometry).

The British could then fire spotting rounds and correct just like the Germans, but this would have required sticky arithmetic calculations, even if only linear interpolations. Also there's the time delay to work all those formulas out. So instead, the British just accepted the errors and tended to fire every available battery at the target. Since each battery's fire would tend to be somewhat in error relative to the other batteries, this had the useful effect of blanketing a large area around the target, as well as the target itself. (And probably any Tommy close enough to observe the target.)

The British were ignoring a whole host of errors that the Germans carefully accounted for (elevation changes, wind, temperature, etc.). By using many batteries, they could get a large enough area covered so that they would have a reasonable effect on the target. Also, they got their impromptu fires really quickly: Something like two minutes from the time of the first call until those shells are bursting everywhere.

There are a few major drawbacks to the above system. While fast it is not accurate, wastes a lot of ammo, and ties up a lot of division artillery assets. Also, it requires accurate maps with many terrain features accurately located on the map (i.e., cross roads, stream beds, towns boundaries, etc.). The British tended to assign fairly senior NCOs and experienced personnel in the FO role so that they wound up mitigating the problem somewhat of wasting ammo (i.e., the more experienced FOs had good judgment as to what was and wasn't a worthwhile target). Also, it seems that only FOs called in missions (at least that is my impression).

I presume (but have no specific references) that the British could have and did use the German system of setting up registered fire when they had occasion in more static situations. Also I should mention my reservation that I have a hard time believing the allegation that the British habitually fired an entire division's worth of guns (more or less) for each fire mission.

On a slightly different topic, the following occurs to me as an explanation as to why the British may have suffered high tank losses over and over to German AT guns in North Africa (especially during Rommel's heyday). It could well be that the above British artillery practices prevented effective fire against the dug-in AT guns. Without good maps (it was North Africa after all), accurate fire may have been very difficult to obtain in a fluid situation. The ultimate result being that the British felt the only way they had of dealing with the guns was by using their tanks. If true, this is another example of failure of combined arms tactics on the part of one side and successful employment of it on the other side. Just wildly speculating here - flame the idea, not me.

American Artillery Practices

Americans used the British system, but with a very significant innovation. They pre-computed the firing data for a HUGE number of variations of wind/temperature, barrel wear, elevation differentials, etc. Then for each possible variation, they created a separate calibrated tape measure. Along the tape was printed the gun laying information instead of distance marks. When a firing mission came in, the plotting officer would simply go to a filing cabinet containing the hundreds (thousands?) of these tapes and pull out the correct one for the current meteorological and situational factors. Then the tape would be laid out between the two grid points on the map (the battery's and the target's) and the firing data would be read from the printing on the tape. Apparently there were some other fudges that got thrown in to make the firing even more accurate.

Net result was that there were about three minutes elapsed time from the initial fire support call until shells were making the enemy duck. And the firing was almost as accurate as the spotted German fires. Ergo, very responsive explosions exactly where they are wanted.

Again, a drawback to the American system is that it requires very accurate and detailed maps (say showing individual farm buildings for instance) which must be plentifully supplied to troops at all levels. However, given the availability of such maps then American artillery could be hellacious.

I might guess that temporary lack of such maps may be a reason why certain obvious movements were tardy during the pursuit across France. How would you feel about moving into an area where your artillery could not fire (because the forward troops as well as the artillery had no maps with appropriate grid marks)?

The tape measure system was not the only innovation of the Americans, as there were several others that followed directly from the simplicity of the tape usage.

Since the grid system was so easy to use for calling in fires, it was standard doctrine to train all officers in it (and many enlisted men as well?). In fact the technique was so easy, that an otherwise ignorant enlisted man could be readily walked through the procedure over radio (and was on more than one occasion) when all his officers had fallen.

Another trick of the Americans, as Jim O'Neil has recently posted in detail, was the Time on Target mission (TOT). With this one, every battery in range was told the grid coordinates of the target and time when all shells were to initially land at the target. Each battery did its normal firing computation and then calculated the time to "pull the lanyards" by backing off the time-of-flight from the target time. TOT was particularly nasty because the initial shell from every gun landed virtually simultaneously before any defender could take cover. It took too much effort for the Germans to care much for such a technique, and the British were not accurate enough to make the technique particularly useful. Very nasty and only Americans could pull it off (Jim claiming it required as little as 10 or 20 minutes preparation).

Another innovation of the Americans was their ability to obtain accurate fires extremely quickly from a LARGE number of firing batteries. Because of the simplicity and elegance of the tape system, almost any battery in range could fire on any target in any direction. All they had to do was get a request from another firing HQ or even just listen in on other battalion radio nets ("Hey, Red Bravo Two, we have a situation at grid coordinates such and so").

This system was formalized by having a fire mission request being kicked "upstairs" if warranted for a suitably attractive target. The firing artillery battalion might contact the division which then might also request support from corps. Ostensibly, the inclusion of the division support added an additional three minutes to the fire mission, and including corps assets added three minutes yet again. There apparently was one case in Italy of a piper cub pilot (an artillery spotter) calling in no less than five corps level missions in one hour (this extremity of fire concentration was of course EXTREMELY uncommon, but certainly not unheard of).

Such relatively spontaneous massing of fires was absolutely not true of the German system which required a careful pre-plotting by surveyors to figure out where things really were on the map. In some sense, all American batteries wind up in general support (can fire for anybody). Consequently a given fire request may pick up extra "idle" batteries to thicken the fires. And during emergencies, any battery in range could leap into the fray to save a Yank ground pounder's tail.

Beyoond the above "standard" organizational doctrine, apparently Americans were quite capable of concentrating fire support on as large a scale as needed. I'll offer an example from the German counter-attack at Mortain in August of 1944 (from Saving the Breakout, Alwyn Fetherstone, 1993). Three American infantry companies were trapped by the Germans on top of a hill overlooking the valley that Mortain lies within (this was a bottle neck that a major part of the German attack had to pass through, if it was going to cut off Patton's breakout). The American infantry held out for something like two days against the better part of a panzer/panzer grenadier division that desperately wanted the lousy Yanks off of the hill. The only problem seems to have been that some twelve and a half battalions of Uncle Sam's artillery could be called on in the instant by the infantry, anywhere on the highly visible countryside for miles around. This not only prevented all daylight movement by the German attack, but completely thwarted any attack on the infantry itself, even at night. To imagine the effect of being a German attacking up that hill, think of being on a football field with some fifty to one hundred 20-odd pound TNT explosions going off around you EVERY second (some two hundred guns each firing every 3 to say 8 seconds). Another way to think of it is to say that, in some sense, you might expect to have a shell land within touching distance of you every 15 seconds or so. Yep, I don't think the US needs to bow to anybody when it comes to an ability to deliver impromptu concentrated fires. :-< :-< [dead Jerry's]

BTW as a side note, no artillery gun anywhere (in the US Army at any rate) ever fired more than about 800 rounds in any day (Trevor Dupuy, Search for Historical Records of High Rate Artillery Fire in Combat Situations, 1978). This was the extreme high, and a more typical high for any given battery is likely to be on the order of several rounds per gun per day. Apparently logistical limits more than anything tended to prevent firing a larger number of missions.

No doubt more than one German officer assumed he'd have at least the first 15 or 20 minutes of his surprise attack free of defensive artillery fire. And when the artillery did start to come in, he'd expect to be warned by the initial spotting rounds. Instead he found he was under immediate fire placed directly on his men while many were still crossing the start line. I'm sure it appeared to more than one German that the Americans must have known when and where such attacks were coming. No wonder some Germans were impressed with American artillery.

Soviet Artillery Practices

I am not sure my information may be as reliable regarding Soviet practices as it is with the American or German. Also, I would not be surprised, as in so much else, that much of the Soviet practice significantly changed during the course of the war.

Having said that, let me venture the following as my understanding. Apparently the Soviets had very limited ability to call in impromptu fires. As the guy giving the Origins lecture said (more or less), "If Ivan knew how to do those calculations (that any German high school graduate was capable of), then they did not waste him firing artillery, but put him to work designing aircraft." Possibly apocryphal, but somehow telling.

Therefore I'd postulate that in prepared, and certainly observed fires, the Soviet artillery should be able to be reasonably effective (i.e., accurate and timely). However, once the situation turns fluid, and the front starts to displace, Soviet artillery fire probably becomes almost useless except where the artillery itself can see the target and correct its own fires. In essence, this mirrors the World War I experience of well-planned initial fires, and slackening effect as troops move forward (especially in fluid situations). Regardless, the general take is that by late '43 Ivan is rolling in barrels of batteries, and is indeed evilly equiped in '44 and '45.

Again, the above is just my best guess, and the Soviets may have been able to adopt some other system as the war progressed, especially for mobile operations.

How this Affects Wargames

You can see from the above, that in a tactical-level wargame one would expect each nation's artillery to be governed by rather varied rules. The Germans get accurate artillery, but it's somewhat slow to come. The British get the fire very promptly. Their fire is less likely to seriously damage the intended target, but the effect of the barrage is going to be spread over a much wider area than a similar German or American fire mission. Furthermore for the most part, for the British and Germans, only specially trained Forward Observers can call in artillery fires.

The Americans of course get it all: Fast, deadly accurate (i.e., little or no drift), they get extra when they care (and even if they don't care), and they get the additional potent weapon of Time on Target. I should also mention that proximity fuses were introduced (sometime during the Bulge, I believe) so that Americans then can start getting the benefit of the far more deadly airburst fires (deadly to infantry and especially to open-topped vehicles).

Note that when in any kind of prepared defensive position, I would expect the British and German artillery to start responding as quickly and accurately as American. However, I suspect that the British and Germans may still have been limited to only FOs calling the artillery, even when in defensive positions.

Lastly, depending upon the period of the war, probably get a ton of not tremendously accurate, but decent artillery (again the amount and quality of fires will vary enormously during the course of the war). In a mobile situation they are probably largely limited to line of sight firing (maybe this is one of the reasons why they liked relatively big mortars so much?).

Another effect I might expect is differences in relative setup times for deploying artillery into new positions. British and American artillery should be fairly quick to get setup, being only really limited by having to set up the equipment, connect up their communications links, and lay in ammo. The Germans should require more time (unless all survey prep was done prior to the move) because the new position has to be surveyed, and the survey results have to be tied into previous results. Also the German artillery seems to have been rather more dependent upon wire communiations than were the Western Allies, and so may be further delayed because of this. I cannot speak at this point to what the likely limits are which affect Soviet setup.

Now that I think of it, the utility of German and Soviet artillery "divisions" probably existed in the ready ability of such a division's firing elements to share survey results and coordination within itself. Contrawise, the difficulty of tying survey results together across artillery organizations strikes me as an additional complication that enormously hinders quick massing of German and Soviet artilery battalions, such as occured with the Americans at Mortain. It's not that the Germans and Russians could not as effectively mass their artillery fire, but that it would take a lot longer because essentially everybody's map would have to be calibrated against each other. Again, I'm just speculating here.

James Sulzen

Author's Footnote:

I said that the American's had developed a system of using many (as in thousands of) highly customized "tape measures" to measure map distances and thereby semi-automatically do artillery calculations. (I.e., one tape was calibrated for "wind from the NE at 6 mph", another tape for "wind from the NE at 7 mph", etc. and other tapes for wind from NW, wind from W, etc.). Apparently, what the Americans really did is simply read correction values from a hemongous set of precomputed artillery tables (books really). The source I quoted, a lecture I heard at a conference, probably said something like "it's as if the Americans had thousands of specialized tape measures" and I missed the "it's as if" part of the lecturer's statement and thought he literally meant that they utilized pre-calibrated tape measures to read artillery tube settings directly from the tapes. Oops. A minor detail, but a rather telling one.

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2012-5-25 10:28:54
 霜雪寒 男,离线

头衔:太阳神之箭
  等级:一等兵
  文章:17
  金钱:223
  注册:2004-1-15
给霜雪寒发送一个短消息 把霜雪寒加入好友 查看霜雪寒的个人资料 搜索霜雪寒在[军事装备]的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给霜雪寒 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子2

炮兵射击不都是拉弹道尺得出标准射击参数,再查射表修正么,难道二战时只有美国会这样?

溫溫恭人,如集於木。惴惴小心,如臨於谷。戰戰競競,如履薄冰。

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2013-9-1 11:52:49
 霜雪寒 男,离线

头衔:太阳神之箭
  等级:一等兵
  文章:17
  金钱:223
  注册:2004-1-15
给霜雪寒发送一个短消息 把霜雪寒加入好友 查看霜雪寒的个人资料 搜索霜雪寒在[军事装备]的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给霜雪寒 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子3

另外苏军炮兵在二战运用的那么有特色,作者也不能只关注即兴支援火力,比即兴火力,炮兵怎么也比不过空军啊

溫溫恭人,如集於木。惴惴小心,如臨於谷。戰戰競競,如履薄冰。

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2013-9-1 11:54:47
 Alamo 男,离线

等级:下士
  文章:26
  金钱:227
  注册:2013-4-14
给Alamo发送一个短消息 把Alamo加入好友 查看Alamo的个人资料 搜索Alamo在[军事装备]的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给Alamo 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子4

二战各主要交战国的炮兵战术
在欧洲战场,炮兵战术在各主要交战国中有着非常大的区别。就算忽略国与国之间(译注:装备与人员?)的区别,各国炮兵战术仍然有着非常明显的区别(我个人看法)。在这里请允许我(一次也好)简要描述各主要交战国在进行炮兵射击任务时的区别(相对于的编组和部署)。
文章中的大部分内容是来自我以前听过的一次游戏大会上的讲座,大会是两年前在圣胡斯举行。但不幸的是我当时的笔记已经找不到了(恐怕我的资料归集得很混乱),在这里我十二分抱歉我无法在这里写出那位讲解的大师名号。这位大师非常地博学,而且讲得非常生动。我在讲座上所听到的东西从未在其他地方看过。我一直很想找些能够解答二战中作战趋势的资料和证据(译注:这段话我实在不知道该如何翻译,请见原文)。也许有人能够证明(或证否)我下面所说的内容。(顺带一提,我并不相信Bruce Gudmundsson所著的On Artillery一书中对于有关内容的表述,最失望的是,并无细节描述。但公平地说,我记得Gudmundsson提到了另一份资料来源,他声称这个资料来源里面有相关的细节描述。)
即兴火力(译注:此定义将贯穿全文,如各位有更正确的称呼,请不吝指正)
我在下文中提到的是无预先计划的“即兴”火力射击,相对于预先计划和标定目标,在一次计划好的攻势发动之前的炮兵射击。预先计划的射击也算是一种特殊情况下的即兴火力。下面的描述主要集中于榴弹炮远程射击。迫击炮射击,或者使用其他手段的炮兵射击,例如修正射击,不在本文范围。另外需要注意不同国家使用不同的技术手段,每个国家也会使用其他国家的技术手段(除了独一无二的美军)。

德军炮兵战术
德军的炮兵系统被绝大部分游戏设计者(当然包括那些小型装甲战爱好者,anyway)认为是“典型”系统。每个炮兵营都有经过良好训练的前线炮兵观察员(FO,Forward Observers)来进行炮火指引。FO们与那些需要炮兵营支援的前进单位一同行动。通讯的手段要么是无线电,要么更经常地,按照德军惯例,使用有线通讯与后方炮兵连进行联系。是的,我指的是有线通讯。很可能对于无线电的需求,德军炮兵的优先程度排在第三位,在空军和装甲兵之后,这两者都惯于使用无线电系统。
炮兵连的阵地位置必须仔细测定和在地图上标定,所谓的测定是指通过有线电话或定位人员的望远镜或类似的手段,以及手工计算,将炮兵连的准确位置标在地图上。然后,前线观察员、测量分队、侦察部队或类似的部队会测量主要的地形的位置(时间许可的话),之后将这些地点位置添加在炮兵指挥部的地图上。这些目标位置会被称为“射击点”(译注:可能翻译为射击参照点更合适)。
如果需要呼叫炮火射击的话,前线观察员需要找出一个“射击点”的数据,然后计算需要需要射击的目标相对于这些射击点的角度和距离。因为需要从已知地点直接观察到目标,以及需要计算这些复杂的数据,只有经过专门训练的前线观察员有能力呼叫即兴炮火支援(我相信)。射击的数据通过有线电话传到后方的炮兵连中。炮兵连里的人员则会用三角算法计算(通过手工或计算尺计算),标定目标在地图上相对于射击点的位置,然后计算相对于炮兵连,目标角度和距离是多少。计算的过程包括了气象数据(显然一点点的横风就有可能大大降低炮弹的准确性)(译注:文中提到炮弹会经过同温层stratosphere,显然不合理,忽略)。其他需要计算的数据包括了炮座、温度、口径、炮弹型号等等。现在炮兵连可以准备发射一发试射弹。从发现目标到发射试射弹所需的时间:大约15分钟。然后当前线观察员观察到试射弹的落点后,他会进一步向后方修正落点(比如说向左200,降低400码),然后是第二发试射。直到观察员觉得落点够近了,就可以呼叫效力射,然后整个炮兵连或几个炮兵连就会开火。
在这个系统里面,一个很大的问题是就算经过良好训练,观察员在估计距离时也有可能会有20%的错误,以及其他可能发生的无法纠正的差错(如风向风力、地形的测量错误等等)。这些可能导致试射弹的落点会相当地偏离目标,从而导致需要更长时间的修正工作。
首发试射弹之后的修正一般来说会比第一发射击所需的时间更短,因为所需的修正计算会比较少,只需要用比较简单的线性运算就能够得出合适的计算结果。炮弹的飞行时间大概是30秒,然后几分钟的修正计算、通讯和火炮调整,我估计每发后续试射弹大概需要3-5分钟。
无论如何,当炮兵调整好,炮弹的落点会相当令人满意。换句话说,德军的即兴炮火很大程度上不是一种面打击(译注:原文为drift,我不懂是什么意思),但其准确性不错,在这个过程中,目标如果有点脑子,会预想到即将到来的炮火。
这个流程唯一能够说得上好的地方就是其比旧的流程更好。在一次大战时,如果炮兵连无法直接看到目标,那么即兴炮火基本上是不可能实现的。因此相对于一次大战(以及与俄军)相比,二战德军的流程看起来相当不错,甚至在某些方面比英军的更好(例如精确性,不过也许是我这个结论过于自信)。
当然,一个炮兵连完全可以根据地图标记开火(或者是盲射),而不进行预先试射和校对。但这显然相当地不准确,而且最多只能起到骚扰作用。这在桌上游戏中应该能够允许进行这类“面射击”(译注:drift再一次出现)。
在上述的流程中,有几个地方是可以缩短时间的。首先,之前射击过的目标因为已经记录了射击参数,可以直接按照之前的参数进行射击(我相信他们有记录参数,不然的话就还得来一次计算)。其次,距离已知的射击点较近的目标会比较容易和快速地计算射击参数(或者换个说法:离之前的目标很近),因为所需的计算和估测会较少。因此,如果某个目标已经被提前发现和测定,那么,一个或几个德军炮兵连其炮击的有效性将会与美军炮兵相差无几(美军情况后述)。
在一个预设防御作战(或充分准备的攻势作战)中,炮兵连理论上能够预先测定一系列的射击点,前线观察员可以根据测定结果,呼叫炮火射向这些射击点。这种设计叫做登记射击(登记指预先标定的位置)(译注:意译,参见原文,正确名称不清楚)。在一些准备仓促的防御作战中,防御部队仍然可以根据防御需要,在某些进攻路径上标定几个射击点,以便通过有线电话呼叫后方的炮火支援(德军有线电话在当时比无线电更可靠)。
作者的疑问(译注:可无视这两段):有人知道设立仓促防御所需的时间是多少?相对于一个预设防御(比如说步兵营规模)?以及设立一个炮兵连或炮兵营所需的时间?
另一个问题:炮兵连的标准射击任务包括哪些?一次标准的射击任务需要射击多少枚炮弹?(或者换个说法,炮兵部队指挥官根据什么样的指引来决定发射多少枚炮弹?)

英军炮兵战术
英军炮兵的情况非常不同,炮兵部队(炮兵以及前线观察员)都有非常好的地图,这些地图都有着细致的分划线,标出一个个方位格。炮兵连设立时会将自身的位置标定在地图的格子上。当前线观察员呼叫向某个方位格射击时,后方的炮兵就会计算目标相对于炮兵自己的距离和方位角。在计算的时候炮兵完全忽略地形的差异,将地形视作完美平面(当然我们知道不是),然后按照三角函数公式计算(7年级数学?):
距离=开平方(地图横坐标距离的平方+地图纵坐标距离的平方)
然后简单地求出射击角度(我记得是高中学的余弦定理)。
英军当然可以像德军那样打一发试射弹然后慢慢计算修正,即使忽略地形的高度差而只进行平面几何计算,但这需要时间。因此英国人的通常做法是忽略可能的差异,直接让尽可能多的炮兵连开火射击。因为各个炮兵连的射击差异各有不同,因此结果就是目标周边的一大片地区都被炮火波及,当然包括目标本身(也许包括任何离得目标太近的英国兵)。
英国人将所有德国佬仔细计算的因素(高低差、风向和风力、温度等等)都忽略掉。通过集中大量炮兵射击,他们的炮火可以覆盖掉一大片地区,从而对目标取得满意的射击效果。而且他们的即兴炮火相当迅速,从炮火呼叫开始到大堆炮弹落地只需要大概两分钟。
当然这个流程有几个很大的缺点。其一,虽然响应快但精确度较差,浪费很多弹药,并且需要动用师里面的大量炮兵力量。其二,需要准确的地图,地图上面要准确标定地形地貌(例如交叉路、河床,城镇范围等)。英军倾向于将资深军士和有经验的人员派作前线观察员,他们可以缓解这方面的缺陷,从而减少炮弹浪费(比如说他们可以准确地判断目标是否值得倾泻炮火)。另外,似乎只有前线观察员可以呼叫炮兵射击(至少我的理解是这样)。
我假定(但没有足够依据)英军在战线较固定的时候,能够并曾经使用过类似德军登记射击的做法。同时我必须承认,我花了很长时间才相信英军习惯于在每一次射击任务中使用整个师炮兵(或差不多的规模)。
另一篇内容不同文章里面,在分析北非英军坦克部队在面对德军反坦克炮损失严重(尤其是隆美尔最风光的时候)的原因时,提到了英军炮兵的问题。英军的炮兵射击流程,令英军炮兵很难向预设阵地的反坦克炮进行有效炮击。在机动的作战中,很难为英军炮兵提供合适的地图(因为是北非),从而难以对反坦克炮阵地进行准确炮击。最终的结果是英军需要使用坦克去对付敌军的反坦克炮。这是一个典型的例子,一方没有协同各种兵力,从而被能够协同的另一方所击破。这只是一个猜测——听起来不错,不过不是我的想法。

美军炮兵战术
美军的流程跟英国人相似,但有着非常大的创新。美军预先计算好大量的(非常大量!)不同环境下的射击参数,设定的条件包括各种风向风力、温度、身管磨损,高度差等等,然后将每种条件下的射击参数记录在一条纸带(译注:我猜是纸带)上。每条纸带上都记录了在某种条件下各种距离所对应的火炮调整参数。当一个炮击任务下达后,标图军官就会从保存着数以百计(也许是数以千计?)纸带的文件柜中找出当前条件下对应的带子,然后放在地图上射击目标方格和炮兵自身所在方格的这条直线上,读出纸带上两者距离所对应的火炮射击参数。显然还有一些其他的措施来提高射击的准确度。
一般从炮火呼叫开始到炮弹落到敌人头上只需要三分钟时间,而且射击的精度与德军的相差无几,也就是说,炮弹就正好打在所需要打击的目标上。
同样地,美军流程的缺点是需要非常准确的大比例地图(例如远处某个单独的农村房子),而且需要大量地分发到部队的每一个层面。然而,这些地图能够极大地增强美军炮兵的威力。
我估计在横越法国的追击过程中,地图的短时间缺乏导致某些攻势的延迟。你可以想象一下你移动到一个炮兵无法射击的地区会如何(因为无论前进单位及炮兵都没有已经标记好方位格的地图)。
这种纸带测量法并不是美军唯一的优势,还有其他的因为纸带测量法的简单易用所带来的优势。通过地图方格呼叫炮火支援非常容易使用,所以对于所有军官(以及更多的普通一兵?)来说,这个操作方法是必修课程。这一过程如此简单,以致在战斗中当所有军官倒下时,一个之前完全不懂呼叫炮火支援的大兵,也能现场通过无线电通讯简单学会整个过程(实战中不止一次发生)。
另一个美军的特技是,正如Jim O'Neil最近的文章里面所介绍的,同时弹着战术(Time on Target,TOT)。在这种任务中,所有射距内的炮兵连都会得到通知,确定目标的方位和首发落弹的时间。然后这些炮兵连会各自计算炮兵射击参数,以及根据计算出来炮弹飞行的时间,从首发落弹时间倒数得出火炮开始射击的时间。TOT的效果相当恐怖,因为每门炮射出的首发炮弹会在目标敌军反应过来之前,几乎同时落在目标点上。德军需要花很多精力放在防备这种战术上,相对地英军由于精确度的缺陷其效果没有这么有效。这种战术的威力非常可怕,而且只有美军能干这个(Jim声称这个战术只需要10至20分钟的准备时间)。
美军炮兵还有一个优势是有能力在短时间内集中大量的炮兵部队进行射击。因为纸带测量法的简单易用,几乎所有射距内的炮兵连都可以向任何方向上的任何目标射击,唯一需要的就是某个炮兵指挥部的射击请求或仅仅是需要在频率上聆听其他炮兵营的通讯就足够了(比如说“各位,这里是红-B-2,我们在方格位置某某-某某有情况”)
如果目标足够吸引的话,这个流程可以很方便地将射击请求转到更上一层去。炮兵营可以联系师里面,然后师再请求军里支援。要求全师炮兵支援一般需要增加三分钟时间,需要整个军的支援则再加三分钟。在意大利有这么个例子,一架派帕俱乐部型飞机(译注:一种陆军通用轻型飞机)上的炮兵观察员在不到一个小时里呼叫了五次军级炮兵支援(这种集中炮兵射击的情况当然非常罕见,但肯定存在)。
对于美军的这种大规模炮击,德军就无法做到,因为德军的流程需要炮兵观察员事先仔细地进行测定各种参数和标图。在某种程度上,所有美军炮兵连能够集中起来执行支援任务(向任何目标射击)。比如说能够将其他闲着的炮兵连呼叫近来一同参加射击。在紧急情况下,任何射程内的炮兵连都可以加入到拯救某个美国大兵的行动中。
在这一标准作战规范的范围以外,美军显然具备集中更大规模的炮兵支援射击的能力。我在此举一个例子,发生在1944年8月德军在Mortain反击时(来自Saving the Breakout一书,Alwyn Fetherstone,1993)。三个美军步兵连被德军困在某个高地上,这个高地能够俯视Mortain所在的谷地(这是德军攻势的瓶颈位置,德军期望通过这个攻势切断巴顿的突击矛头)。德军企图将这个威胁扫除,这些美军步兵抵抗了一个德军装甲师或装甲掷弹兵师主力的攻势达两天之久。对于德军来说唯一的威胁是美军在附近有12个半的炮兵营,美军步兵可以随时呼叫炮兵支援,射击周边几英里范围内的所有目标。炮兵支援不但阻止了任何白昼进攻,甚至连德军晚上的攻势都被炮兵所打断。想象一下,德军向高地的进攻,想象一下一个足球场大小的面积,每秒钟落下50至100枚装有20磅TNT炸药的炮弹(大概两百门火炮,8秒钟射出3发炮弹)。或者换种说法,每15秒钟会有一发炮弹落在你手可以触碰到的范围内。是的,我不认为在这种程度的即兴炮火射击过后,美军步兵还需要向任何德军射击。:-< :-<(死掉的德军)
另外得附带说明一下,没有任何美军火炮(在美军内任何层级)一天内会发射超过800枚炮弹(Trevor Dupuy所著Search for Historical Records of High Rate Artillery Fire in Combat Situations一文,1978年)。这是一个极高的数字,更通常的情况是,给炮兵连的命令里会写每天每门炮只允许发射几枚炮弹。显然后勤情况限制了大量的射击任务。
毫无疑问,不止一个德军军官曾提到过在突袭开始的15到20分钟内没有美军炮兵的干扰。然而当美军炮火袭来时,他不会先遇到一两发试射弹的警告,直接就遇到大量炮弹落地,而此时他的部下甚至还有很多人尚在通过攻击发起线。我相信不止一个德军会以为美军事先得到了德军攻势的情报。显然德军对于美军的炮兵印象深刻。

苏军炮兵战术
我不是很确定我关于苏军炮兵战术的资料是否如美军和德军那般正确,同样地,如果苏军炮兵战术在战争期间发生巨大变化,我并不感到惊讶。即管如此,请允许我尝试描述一下,以下是我的理解。显然苏军炮兵对于实行即兴炮火的能力非常有限。正如那位讲课的大师所提到的(大致意思如此),如果某个伊万知道如何进行这些(每个德国高中生都懂的)计算,那么他不会被浪费在炮兵计算上,而会送去设计飞机。也许这个说法有问题,但他的意思就是这样。
因此我假设,如果事先准备,并且能够观察到落点,那么苏联炮兵应该可以达到一定的效果(准确性和及时性)。但是如果是机动作战,那么当前线观察员离开时,苏军炮兵一样会毫无办法除非炮兵能够直接观察到目标,以及修正落点。本质上来说、苏军炮兵仍然使用一战的战术,即预先周密计划的最初射击,以及当部队前进时的软化目标射击(特别是在机动作战时)。另外,至少到1943年底的时候苏军开始使用炮火延伸的战术,并且这一战术在44年和45年开始变得非常有效。
重复一次,上述仅仅是我的猜测,苏军也许在战争期间采用了其他新的战术,尤其是适合机动作战的战术。

对桌面游戏的影响
如前所述,在一个战术层面的桌面游戏中,各个国家的炮兵应当有不同的作战规则。德军的炮兵精确性好,但需要时间准备。英国炮兵能够快速反应,威力会较小,但影响的范围会比美军或德军的更大。而且总体来说,英军和德军需要经过专门训练的炮兵观察员来呼叫炮火支援。
美军,当然,能够具备以上所有优点,反应快,非常准确(只有很少甚至没有散射),如果他们在乎的话能够得到更多的炮兵支援(甚至当他们不在乎的时候也可以),以及能够具备TOT这种特技。需要提请各位注意的是,美军还可以有近炸引信(我记得在突出部战役时开始拥有),从而可以有更加可怕的空炸效果(对步兵以及特别是无顶车辆威胁极大)。
而在预设防御作战中,应当设定英军和德军的炮火呼叫反应速度以及精确度与美军一样。但我仍然认为英军和德军的炮火呼叫需要通过前线观察员进行,即使是在防御时。
最后,在战争的不同时期,炮兵的准确程度应该不是一样的,或者说会有所下降(重复,战争不同期间炮火的数量和质量区别巨大)。在一个机动作战的情况下,炮兵的作战方式可能会局限于目视开火(也许这是部队更喜欢用大口径迫击炮的原因之一)。
另一个需要设定的地方我认为是炮兵转移阵地所需的时间。英军和美军的阵地设置也许会比较快,因为只需要重新设置装备,把通讯线路接好,以及放置弹药。德军则需要更多时间(除非在转移阵地前,新阵地就已经测量过),因为新的阵地需要重新测量,而且新测量的内容还包括对之前测定结果的修正。另外德军的炮兵更依赖于有线通讯,这个因素可能也会影响阵地设置时间。至于对于苏军的影响,我无法估计。
以下是我的一个想法,德军和苏军的炮兵师的作用,也许是为了整个炮兵师的下属单位都可以共享射击参数,在内部协调射击。也就是说,由于在不同炮兵单位之间相互间共享数据过于困难,以致苏军和德军难以快速集中炮兵力量,如美军在Mortain所做的那样。这并不是说德军和苏军做不到集中大量炮火,我的意思是这需要更长的时间,以保证所有人的地图都进行了正确的标注。重复一次,这仅仅是我的猜想。

作者:James Sulzen

作者的脚注:
我认为美军已经发展出一套大量(数以千计)使用纸带的战术流程,从而可以半自动地进行炮兵计算(比如说某个纸带的条件是“东北风,风速6mph”,另一个纸带是“东北风,风速7mph”,或诸如此类。然后另一批纸带则是西北风向、西风向等等)。显然,美军真正需要做的仅仅是在一个极大的炮击数据库中读取数据(实际是一本书)。本文的资料来源——我听的那次讲座,也许说了一些意思大致是“美军有数以千计的专门计算纸带”,但也许实际的意思是“他们从预先计算好的纸带上读取的,是炮管设定数据”。嗯,这仅仅是一个细节,但我相当在意。

[此贴子已经被作者于2014-3-11 9:09:53编辑过]
点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2014-3-11 9:05:25
 trytry 男,离线

等级:准将
  威望:5
  文章:2012
  金钱:4238
  工作量:1131 points
  门派:欠债者权益保护协会
  注册:2004-3-7
给trytry发送一个短消息 把trytry加入好友 查看trytry的个人资料 搜索trytry在[军事装备]的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给trytry 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子5

这事要从滑铁卢开始讲……日俄是开端,一战是直射到间射的转折点。炮兵极端浪费,18年底,美5军一个步兵营配一个75炮兵团(2个12门炮的营),骚包程度直逼给二战给陆战队步兵营加强驱逐舰的海军。

只在神下

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2014-3-11 20:35:42
 trytry 男,离线

等级:准将
  威望:5
  文章:2012
  金钱:4238
  工作量:1131 points
  门派:欠债者权益保护协会
  注册:2004-3-7
给trytry发送一个短消息 把trytry加入好友 查看trytry的个人资料 搜索trytry在[军事装备]的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给trytry 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子6

间战期间要解决的是运动起来的问题。一个是把炮兵摩托化,一个是发展无线电(尤其是双向通讯的无线电),还有就是改进火控。火控在一战是两种模式,一个是前观来指挥和校射;一个是以连为单位,根据位置信息进行复杂计算后射击,要打击一个临时发现的目标,需要的时间是一个小时,无法满足需要。间战米帝一个是在炮兵部队增加了测量和气象单元,发展了营射击指挥中心,前观只负责提供目标信息和校射,不负责指挥,指挥中心根据前观信息,给各炮连分配目标,并负责计算提供射击火控诸元。1940年初,炮校编制了G(raphycal)F(iring)T(able),加快了计算速度。还有一点是炮校轮训了所有军官,包括国民警卫队和预备役。

只在神下

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2014-3-12 14:05:34

本主题贴数6,分页: [1]

管理选项锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告